Christian Family Fellowship of Jacksonville is a congregation of Grace Communion International, with national offices in Glendora, California. We are a member of the National Evangelical Association of Churches.
Our doctrinal beliefs are based upon the Bible, as understood in Christ-Centered Trinitarian Theology. This particular approach to theology sees the Trinity, as revealed in Jesus Christ, as the central and foundational doctrine that forms the basis for how we read the Bible and how we understand all points of theology.
Trinitarian theology is first and foremost Christ-centered. It tells us that Jesus Christ, the only Son of God, has become one with our flesh in order to be our saving substitute and to represent us as his brothers and sisters in the very presence of the Father. It tells us that, in Christ, we belong to the Father and that we are the beloved of the Father.
- In one holy, loving, all-powerful, and gracious Creator God who exists in three Persons: Father, Son and Holy Spirit.
- That the Bible is the inspired and infallible Word of God, fully authoritative for all matters of faith and practice.
- That Jesus Christ, born of the virgin Mary, fully God and fully human, is both Lord and Savior. That Jesus Christ suffered and died on the cross for human sin, that he was raised bodily on the third day, and that he ascended to heaven, and sits at the right hand of God the Father.
- That Jesus Christ will come again to judge the living and the dead and to reign over all things.
- In the Holy Spirit, who brings sinners to repentance, who gives eternal life to believers, and who lives in them to conform them to the image of Jesus Christ.
- That Christians should gather in regular fellowship and live lives of faith that make evident the good news that humans enter the kingdom of God by putting their trust in Jesus Christ. In the spiritual unity of all believers in our Lord Jesus Christ.
- That salvation comes not by works, but only by God’s grace through faith in Jesus Christ.
- In the resurrection of the dead and the life of the world to come.
For a more detailed list of our doctrinal beliefs, please visit our denominational website. Here you will also find hundreds of helpful articles on nearly every biblical and doctrinal topic, plus informative and inspirational videos.
Mission and Vision
These are the principles that guide and motivate Christian Family Fellowship.
- Christ-centered: in all events and activities, we keep the focus on Jesus Christ, his love and sacrifice, as well as his teachings.
- Prayerfully-dependent and Spirit-led: always setting the example that decisions and choices are made through seeking God’s will and aid through prayer and the lead of the Holy Spirit.
- Word-directed: having as our standard for belief and conduct, the word of God, with the teachings of Jesus always taking precedent.
- Love, Grace & Service-oriented: modeling and emphasizing these as the primary approach we take in relating to the youth, the youth to one another, and all of us to God.
- Mission-driven: the love of Christ compels us to share the Good News (Gospel) of Jesus Christ with others, as we cultivate, plant and reap with Jesus (CPR). In all relationships and efforts, we remember to join Jesus in making and developing disciples and followers of him.
“Loving God, and Sharing His Love In Christ.”
With the help and guidance of the one true God (Father, Son, and Holy Spirit) we endeavor to be a church where God’s children learn to:
- DEEPLY LOVE HIM (as shown in our worship and submission to Him)
- SHARE HIS LOVE WITH OTHERS (as shown in our love and service to our fellowman, and in telling our fellowman that God is love, and how God has expressed His love through Jesus Christ).